New Times | Teen Ink

New Times MAG

By Garrett, Pullman, Washington
Garrett, Pullman, Washington

Aishia's parents are Filipino immigrants, but Aishia is all American.

In this picture I was trying to show how easy it is to loose ones genetic culture when surrounded by a new one.

Similar images

This photo has 6 comments.

PerfectMGymnast DIAMOND, Parker, Colorado

"If you don't leap you'lll never know what it's like to fly"

The background and how everything is white and then her dress and hair is dark is so cool! i love this so much and Favorited it and rated it 5 stars!! 

also, if you get the chance could you check out some of my photo's such as Beauty in Nature and Freedom (& comment and rate them???) it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

BethMPecore said...
BethMPecore, Easley, South Carolina
i love how the whole room is in white and the only thing in color is the girl sitting in the chair. That really makes it stand out amongst the rest. I also love how in the picture frames hanging from the wall there are no pictures in them. Think that could represent that this girl has no past and has a blank canvas for the future. I also love how the girls head it placed apon the chair like it is. This gives us, the veiwers, a sense of mystery. It allows us to connect with this mystery girl. In my opinion, this girl has given up on life; however, this photograph could be a symbol of a new beginning for her. I really like this photo and think you did a great job.

Garrett said...
Garrett, Pullman, Washington
Thank you!

Actually it was taken in my bedroom. I bought all of the furniture and decor from goodwill and spray painted it white, and then bought some cheap white sheets for the walls.

Garrett said...
Garrett, Pullman, Washington
Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it :)

RiotRave SILVER, Earlimart, California

"What the frick?!!"
"That's what she said"

This picture really speaks. was this in her house or something? Looks totally professional.

ayaman said...
this is amazing, great quality, great content, great meaning behind it. i love the detail u put into it. really, one of the greatest pictures ive seen in a while