The Blue Universe | Teen Ink

The Blue Universe

By Methmi PLATINUM, Colombo, Other
Methmi PLATINUM, Colombo, Other

“When things get hard, stop for awhile and look back and see how far you’ve come. Don’t forget how rewarding it is. You are the most beautiful flower, more than anyone else in this world.”

Bear feet; into the sand; trampling the sea shells
Some are crashing, jingling and tinkling as the silver bells
"Thou, why here?" I asked from a shell and peeped into the singing waves
It told, "We are from under the corals, ancient ships and the sea monster's cave

A singing pond, what a universe inside this blue?
No one can give a clue
She is listening to every story
Happy, joy, love but also sorry

She knows the man Sinbad, who sailed upon her days and nights; he watched the twilight of the dawn
She is heartbroken of Rose and Jack who watched her dolphins; hugging each other but now that love is gone
Also she is proud of the little mermaid with the amber cloudy hair who sacrificed life for the human prince
Her sound is high when she cries by seeing her fish who die by wrapping in strings

A giant travelling palace murdered all her turtles, dolphins and the whales and sent them to the land
Now, her family is coming to us; without their souls but a body floated to the sand
Oh her wish, will she recover soon?
So she will be lighted again as the crystal moon

My dear readers. I have expressed my ideas about the ocean here. I thought of writing this because "The Ocean Day" is held this month. Especially you may have a confused idea about the last verse. Well....Last month a ship named "Express Pearl" was burned in the sea and now it's sunken. The oils and the chemicals are mixed to the sea and Sri Lanka is facing a big trouble these days. Every day, we can see so many turtles, dolphins and other aquatic creatures died on the sand because the chemicals of the ship as effected them so highly. I wish the ocean will recover soon