Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth | Teen Ink

Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth

(1837-1861)

Colonel Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth isn't very well known, but he's actually a really cool guy. he was a close personal friend of Abraham Lincoln and the first to die in the American civil war. he was killed while taking down a confederate flag from the marshal house inn in Alexandria Virginia, and was laid to rest in the white house. at his funeral, Abraham Lincoln said, "the greatest man i ever did meet." he also studied law under lincoln. later, "Remember Ellsworth!" became a rallying call among troops in the civil war. Prior to the war, Elsworth was married to Carrie Spafford. he also helped lincoln run for the presidency. he was a drillmaster for the Rockford grays" a militia group. 

sorry, i barely know a thing about writing historical nonfiction thingys.

on Jul. 11 at 12:10 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

ive written one ghost story but no horror(tho the darkness in my writing is horrifying)

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 29 at 10:16 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

Thank u so much for that history story u wrote for me! It is always hard to venture outside one's genre. I should try this also--I hardly ever write fantacy, horror, or science fiction, but i could tryy

Lydiaq ELITE said...
on May. 29 at 10:14 pm
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

"A word is dead
When it is said
Some say.
I say
It just begins to live
That day."
--Emily Dickenson

Another amazing thing about him was surviving with so many Es in his name.