The Frustration Of Writing | Teen Ink

By Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
22 articles 5 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

I started writing

But I hated how it sound

So I stopped right there

The author's comments:

I guess this is just about how sometimes when I start to write, I just can't really get into a rhythm and it doesn't sound like I want it to. That's the true frustration of writing for me.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 6 comments.

on Jul. 29 at 12:05 am
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
22 articles 5 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

That sounds really cool, thanks for the tip SparrowSun! The squirrel queen sounds epic, I would love to check it out if you ever post it or publish it.

on Jul. 28 at 9:01 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
158 articles 22 photos 927 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)
And the words I say most often: "Where was I?"
"I just switched 50 things to anonymus and it doesnt even make a diff- why was i writing this again? where was i? hm.... oh well."

i have a doc full of pictures that fix my writers block.
right now I'm writing a short story about a squirrel queen destroying humans because of one(its not as weird a picture as it sounds I swear)

on Jul. 24 at 10:56 am
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
22 articles 5 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

Thanks Crazywolfiegirl2!

on Jul. 24 at 9:46 am
Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other
31 articles 0 photos 252 comments

Favorite Quote:
When people first meet me, they think I'm really shy, but by the time they get to know me they wonder how the illusion of shyness ever came around!

This is so relatable 😭 well done

on Jul. 24 at 12:25 am
Rsnail-925 PLATINUM, Boulder, Colorado
22 articles 5 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
A story has as many versions as it has readers - Winter Of Our Discontent

Yeah, it's been happening to me a lot right now. I guess I'm just in a writing funk for the moment hah!

on Jul. 22 at 3:11 am
JustMe_Vaanya SILVER, Dehradun, Other
7 articles 9 photos 91 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Una Vida, I have come to accept that I cant experience everything in life. But what I will, I'll experience deeply..."
-Shivya Nath

I feel u... It's soo true! I want to write something that readers can connect with but It's like it never comes out!