Fender | Teen Ink

Fender

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

This is both Charcoal and a whisper of Dry Pastel. It was a sale I made to my mother's boyfriend, actually. They are all his guitars. (I don't think he was ever really happy with it, in the end. He constantly hovered over my shoulder all the while I was drawing it, telling me what I was doing wrong) I don't recall what things he pegged as 'wrong', but I remember I didn't really agree with him in most of those cases. Interestingly enough, the things I myself found irritating about the picture, he didn't mind at all, even liked. (that garish background if just a corner wall, with nothing around it... He ASKED me to make it like that) His tastes are certainly not my own. It felt so empty, though, I had to add the logo just to be happy with it.

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

KinkoGurl BRONZE, Los Angles, California

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea...& ideas r bulletproof." ---Vendetta

:-! i could of swore this was a photograph. Bravo

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

The "thin part" is called the "neck", for the record. =]

I see what you mean about the necks being too flat, but I think what you're seeing may just be the quality of my camera. The furthest edges of the necks are really hard to see, and blend into the background, mostly because of glare. I did look at the original to see if that was it, I think it was. =/ I'll have to get new photos up soon.

xAllegria BRONZE, Singapore, Other

Ça fait tellement du bien d’aimer les gens qu’on aime, que ça finit par faire mal. Je sais pas comment on survit a ça. Non franchement, je sais pas. LOL (laughing out loud) ®, Lola.

Wow. You manage 3D pretty well- although the thin parts on the guitar (lol sorry I dunno what to call them) do look a little too flat. The logo's well done too, I guess, but yeah, I think it's too distracting. And I understand the guy ''organized'' the background, but I think it would look better if the shadow was smoother and the lines went essentially in the same direction. It would have filled the emptiness.

Anyway... apart from that i really like it (otherwise I wouldn't have clicked, hehe). I love your use of colour!

Noshabora GOLD said...
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

*shrugs* I felt it needed something in the upper left, because the guitars leaned away from that area, and also the area was the lightest wall. I thought the logo would do nicely, because it was only black and white, and I hoped that its lack of color would push it back a bit. I think I agree with you in the end, it isn't quite right, and it's still too "loud", but I'm not sure what else I could have put there that wouldn't look tacky.

(Honestly, I really wish the guy would've let me handle the background entirely myself, and this wouldn't have been an issue)

Lemonpeel said...
Lemonpeel, Singapore, Other
I dunno. I think the big logo kinda takes away from it. It's distracting. I really like the highlights on the guitars, they look really good. You're right about the backround being too empty, but the logo was the wrong choice. this is really good though!!!