Amber Eyes | Teen Ink

Amber Eyes

By Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

Probably my personal favorite digital piece to date.

This painting took the longest out of anything I've done. Surprisingly the hair took less than an hour and a half. The face is what took the longest because I wanted it to look realistic and detailed and complete.

I worked so so sooo large. It's a pain to save, plus being paranoid of PS crashing, I save extra copies so I'd have to plan when I was going to save so I could get a snack or something. But working large is worth it because I can really concentrate on detailing.

14 hours, photoshop cs3, wacom tablet

Similar images

This art has 5 comments.

BlondeButBright BRONZE, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Dr. Suess- Go ahead and do what you want because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

If I didn't know better I would have said that this was painted by a professional artist. i was blown away. They say the eyes are the door to the soul, and I felt like there was a really deep story behind her eyes.

Moldova said...
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

Oh thank you!

And you mean the outter part?  You're right, it does! Maybe if I blurred it a little bit, you think?

Thanks again! I could use every feedback I can get!

Moldova said...
Moldova, Whiting, New Jersey

That's kickin'

Oh gosh, thank you!
Really, the part of you saying it was a story is the best thing I could hear.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Absolutely gorgeous, she looks very realistic, and the painting is honestly a full story unto itself.

TheLonelyBalloon, Wichita, Kansas

Love how well you did the shading. Beautiful. The highlights in the hair are wonderful.

The only thing I noticed was the cloth around her head didn't seem as fluid as cloth. The folds seem kind of sharp to me. But otherwise, I love it.