Interview With The Vampire | Teen Ink

Interview With The Vampire

By NatSigz, Manalapan, New Jersey
NatSigz, Manalapan, New Jersey

Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure...

This is an interesting piece, as it is based loosely off of Fauvism, in that the study done is to see the effect of colors upon emotions. I took this idea a step further by combining art with literature. Lestat is a major player in the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. In the most famous of the series, Interview With The Vampire, he is portrayed as monster, but in The Vampire Lestat, which is told from his point of view, it is as if he is two different characters entirely. The idea here was to capture the external monster, as seen with the reds, and have that innocence still come through, which is why the eyes are painted blue to contrast the rest of the image.

Similar images

This art has 9 comments.

Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

I do like how you showed the humanity of Lestat and the monster that everyone knows him to be. I have never heard of fauvism but, I love the colors on top of the emotions. I hope you draw more like this.

the_dreamer42 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

"A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be."
-Wayne Gretzky

WOW. Shading is beautiful!

NatSigz said...
NatSigz, Manalapan, New Jersey

It is a concept which some chose to be the basis for their work, and I thank you for the compliment :)

Lovely346 BRONZE, TUCSON, Arizona

"When the power of love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace"

I love this movie, nice painting. :)

beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Such a beautiful rendering of a dangerous creature---I was surprised reading in your description that the piece is loosely based of off Fauvism. I never thought of Fauvism being about colors and emotions.

Tskitty1 said...
Great painting and colors were vibrant

ptcw374 said...
Wow this piece is amazing I love your work!!!!!

iloverontoomuch BRONZE, Mola Di Bari, Other
It's gorgeous! You're a great artist!

rhymingrimer SILVER, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
This is beautiful! love it :)