In Between | Teen Ink

In Between

By j.Dieppa, Northridge, California
j.Dieppa, Northridge, California

While facing a difficult challenge early in childhood, my interest began to take form. I had a mild speech impediment—a fact that was immensely frustrating, because when I attempted to channel my thoughts through spoken language, the words came out jumbled or in some strange voice—yet it was through this challenge that I was introduced to the medium of art as a refuge. Although I have fully overcome my speech impediment, and now thoroughly enjoy oral communication, art will forever be my first and most powerful voice. Art is the continual theme that holds my life story together.

Tags: Landscapes

Similar images

This art has 1 comment.

AlaNova ELITE said...
AlaNova ELITE, Naperville, Illinois

Dalai Lama said, "There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called YESTERDAY and the other is called TOMORROW, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live..."

I just read your description, and I'm...I'm speechless. It's incredible that you are able to express yourself so beautifully and amazingly through art--which is amazing, by the way, I think your work is just astounding. I also congratulate you for overcoming your challenges, as that you did is so inspiring (to say the least!). Bravissima, with three cheers. And please keep drawing and painting!! :D