my favorite cousin | Teen Ink

my favorite cousin

By AnthCruz, Amery, Wisconsin
AnthCruz, Amery, Wisconsin

My Favorite Cousin

My best cousin is a boy his name is Jeffrey he is 15 years old, we had lived together for 14 years. The last day I saw him was in august 2017. From all the cousins I have I like him more because I have share things with him. We have always played tuff and when we go to the store because we always help each other choosing what looks better for him or for me. What I like most about him is that when I need help he tries to help me with what he can.

What I always remember is when I was in Texas on vacation is when we used to ride bike together we had always gone to a school and ride there and, when we were thirsty we went to a store that was near to our home. We bought four Gatorades two for each one sometimes I paid the Gatorades and sometimes he paid. We like to do extremes thing sometimes I don’t want to but always do it because it looks fun.

When we went to Mexico we like to go the center of the town with our bikes and there were many hills. We like to go their because when you go down a hill you go on a very fast speed. One time he went to a big downhill and when he put the back brakes he made a mini drift and his left leg had a big scar on his leg. We didn’t go home for a while we stayed there until he was much better, but he said he wanted to keep riding. He wasn’t riding the bike how he usually rides his bike he was going to slow, and he always goes fast. I remembered that I had a band aid and I put it on his leg and he said that he was much better, and he said that he wanted to go to that big hill, but I told him not to. He said I dare you to go with me but when one of us dares something we always do it he dare me to and I did it so we went to that hill again and I went first. I was going fast, and he was going not too far from me.  I started to apply the back brakes and it started to smell like plastic burning and suddenly my brakes were starting to finish. I told him that I didn’t had back brakes anymore and he said he was running out of brakes too. I told him to apply the front brakes and he said no so we were almost getting where there was a place of many of houses and I told him to drift  and he said ok. But  he had to drift to left side of his leg and there was the place that he had the scar that he made. He didn’t want to but he had to do the drift before  we get to the house and he did it and I did it we were both on the floor trying to get up but we couldn’t for a couple of minutes and then I started to get up and then I helped him get up. He said that was the best thing he had ever made. Then we went home, and my uncle askedr his son what had happen to the side of his left leg and he said that happen on  a downhill riding our bike and my uncle put him alcohol in his left leg and he wanted to cried but he didn’t.

On the next day we wanted to go fishing and we had a jar of worms. Then we went fishing with my uncle and, me and my cousin went to a different place and we had trap a fish and sudden my hand slip and I let the jar drop down and I tried to catch the fish and I trap the fish but I start to see blood from my hand. I check my finger and I had one finger cut and I can see the bone from my finger.  I was feeling dizzy and my cousin said to me if I was ok. He check my finger and he ripped a piece of his pants and my cousin told his father and he came where we were and I started to laugh of my injurie. Then we went to the house and they put me alcohol on my finger and I went to rest for a half hour.

I woke up it was 4:00 pm and I went to see my cousin to his house and he told me if I was ok and I told him yes and then he asked me if I wanted to go ride our bikes and I said that I’ll have to see if I can grab the handle bar. I try to grabbed the handle and yes could grab it and the we went to the town and we saw a downhill and for us to say yes first we watched the downhill if its good we just nod our head, or we just follow each other and then we go so we went there, and we had forgot that we didn’t brakes. We didn’t know until we start to put the brakes on and he told me on Spanish “no tenemos frenos en la agadarrera ”. I said to him to slide but he didn’t want to because he had a big scar on his leg and I told not to then. So we had the idea to hit each other and he was going first, and I told him that I was going to hit him on the back tire. I had watched a big hole of mud, so I told him that I was going to hit him right before the hole of mud. So I hit him, and he landed on the mud and I let my hands out of the handle bar and the both bikes got stuck and I landed on the mud. Then we saw both and we were laughing we were all covered with mud. There was river not too far from us and I told him that we must wash our clothe so we aren’t that dirty, and we went to wash our clothe when we were finished we had the idea that we could stay for half hour to swim. Then we saw a thing on the water it was a hammer under the water and we tried to pull the hammer, but it was too heavy, so we stop trying pulling the hammer out and sudden a man that we know pass were the river and he start to chat and then he said goodbye. He went to his house and we stayed for a couple minutes and went.

When we got out we saw a wallet  and we check inside the wallet to see who was the wallet from and the wallet was from the men that had stop in chat to us. So we grabbed our bikes but we weren’t going fast how we usually go we were going slow. We start to talk that in two days we were going back to USA. We had arrived to the house of the men we knock the door but no one answer us. We though he was on his mother house so went over there and he was there because we saw his little kids out. We knock the door and he answer.He ask us why was the visiting we told that he had forgot his wallet in the river so we give the wallet back. In then we were getting late for supper we told him that we must go so we were getting out of the house.  He yelled to us we thought we had steel something from the wallet but no he gives us twenty dollars and a bag of chips. We went happy to our house and he had to be at home at 8:00 pm we had arrived at 8:10 pm and we got home tired and thirsty and went to our living room and they told us to go eat supper and we went but we weren’t hungry. They made us eat so we start to eat they had brought us a Mexican food called ‘huarache’ and we change our mind that food was on one of the favorite one of mine. When we finished they told us where we have been we told the story. When we finished they told us that tomorrow we were going to buy some stuff to get ready to go to USA, so we thought we could buy some brakes for our bikes.

The next day we went and to buy the brakes for the bikes and then we went home first we washed the bikes and then we put them the brakes on the next day we were preparing our stuff because we have to be at the airport at 11:00am we got on the plane and then we got home at 3:00 pm.  I was with my cousin for two more days and on the last day was the most saddest day that I have ever had because I have been with my cousin for 14 years and on the last day he said that he well come in visit me.