Complete | Teen Ink

Complete

By Carve_Away, bound brook, New Jersey
Carve_Away, Bound Brook, New Jersey

"there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Summary:

This is a recollection of my experiences with my own depression and eating disorder, as well as my journey out of illness. "Complete" documents each stage of my downward spiral and subsequent rise to happiness, all while giving readers uncensored access to every one of my thoughts during the process. It exposes the truth behind anorexia and bulimia while simultaneously de-glamorizing eating disorders. "Complete" is a raw depiction of what falling into the endless cycle of an eating disorder feels like, and what it's like to find your way out of one.

Tags: Family

Jennie C.

Complete

zyxwvu said...
zyxwvu, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I absolutely love it. Best I've read on here. I would ADORE it if you recorder yourself (or just your voice) to put on youtube for listening to instead of reading. This story is so true and real, not holding back for others, and it would feel so much more personally if the author read it out loud. I wonder how many chapters of this I'll be able to get through tonight (:

Megan123 said...
Megan123, Hartford, Wisconsin
WOW! i love the way you writ! It's a really good book. If you don't mind i'm printing it out so that I can read it again and agin.