Sky Zone Tragedy | Teen Ink

Sky Zone Tragedy

Finally, it was Sunday late afternoon, I was waiting all week for this exciting day. Excitement was dancing all through my body. That day was the day my friends and I got to go to Sky Zone. At the time, I was 10 years old and I have never been to Sky Zone. I was as excited as a bee getting honey. All of my friends always go along on how much fun sky zone is and now it is my turn to finally have the experience. We all go into the car and can not stop talking about what we are going to do when we get there. The car ride felt like it was hours and hours long. We all could not wait!

Once we finally arrived, we ran inside as fast as we could and jumped into the line. When we got into the line, the line was very long. We waited and waiting, but then we finally got to the front of the line and got to get our sticker and start jumping! We first ran around checking out all we could do. We saw a photo booth, a foam pit, a rock wall, everything you could imagine! We all decided we wanted to go to the photo booth first so we ran there and took a picture. We got the picture gave it to my mom, and my mom said "What are you guys doing? Go on the trampolines!!" I don’t even know what we were waiting for! There was just so many amazing activities we didn’t know where to start. We went to the trampolines and they were the biggest trampolines in the world. I couldn’t believe how many there were. There were trampolines everywhere even on the side of the walls! It was amazing. All of us were jumping for joy! We all knew how to do cool tricks so we did different tricks like flips, aerials, anything you could imagine. Then I decided I wanted to try my front aerial! I've done it on the floor before but never on a trampoline. Once I tried I knew I made a bad mistake.

We were bouncing around, once I decide to do a front aerial. When I do my flip a don’t land on my feet. The trampoline was so bouncy, I couldn’t control what I was doing.  Almost if I was paused in the air. I landed sitting on the trampoline, and my knee comes up and hits me in the face. At first I didn’t really feel any pain. My nose just felt like I hit it a little, and it was maybe bleeding a little. But I get up and see blood dripping down onto the floor. My friends yell at me saying that my lip was bleeding. I covered my mouth and start sprinting to the bathroom. As I’m running to the bathroom I see my mom but she doesn’t see me. I try yelling for her but for some reason, I can’t yell very loud.  I look at my friends as they run to my mom, then I turn and run toward the bathrooms. I get to the bathroom and look in the mirror. It was the worst thing in the whole world.  While my knee came up and hit me in the face. My tooth cut right through my lip. I didn’t know what to think. All I could is see my lip hanging from my mouth. My mom walks in and looks at me in shock. She comes closer to take a look at the cut. She doesn’t know what to do, and neither do I. Then later the manager comes in to take to us. She gives us free passes and a free icy. Wasn’t very helpful because I couldn’t drink it since my lip was hanging off my mouth. Also, it’s not like we wanted to come again. I sit there with the icy to my side and let my friends bounce for a little more so they don’t let their money go to waste. But then they decide they would rather go because they didn’t want me to sit there like that. So we all agreed on going home.

We get into the car to drive home and my mom asks me “What do you all want to do, are you coming home with us? Well, Ashleigh what do you want to do?”  One of my friends needed to go home so we drove her home. I and my other friend decided to go back to my house and watch a movie. It was about 8:00 pm and we were still watching the movie, and my uncle walks through the door. My mom asks him to look at my lip, my heart was pounding. I was scared to know if I would need to get stitches. Right then and there, he tells me to come and sit down. I sit down and he looks at my lip. After a long moment, he tells “Yes you definitely need stitches, you should probably go now and get them” I instantly freak out on the inside. My friend calls her parents to get her so she could leave and I could go and get my stitches. Once she leaves I get into the car and get on our way for me to get stitches. There were so many questions coming to mind. “How many stitches do I need? Will they end up telling me I don’t need stitches? Will they tell me it will heal on its own? What will happen??”

When I walked through the doors my stomach dropped. We go up to a nurse and they tell us to come with her. We were probably waiting 45 minutes for the doctor. He finally walks in and tells us what he will be doing. He tells us that he will be numbing my lip with a shot and with gel. Once he injects the shot, it hurt so bad. It was probably the most painful thing of getting stitches, well that’s what I've been told. Until the stitches started. That my lip was numb I didn’t expect it to hurt but my lip wasn’t fully numbed.  When he puts the needle in I can slightly feel it going through my lip. It was so much worse than the shot. But I didn’t say anything because I just wanted to get it done with. He was on the third final stitch and then he was thankfully over. He tells us more of what to do, what not to eat and what to eat when we walked out of the doors and left. I get in the car and am exhausted, I almost even fell asleep in the car.

We finally get home, and I jump into my bed. As I jump into my bed I am just thinking about my crazy day and what has actually happened. Just crazy enough it could of been a dream. I try to fall asleep but it took a while. Then I finally fell asleep just am happy that my lip didn’t thankfully fall off!