Betrayal | Teen Ink

Betrayal

By nicole02ds, Jersey, Other
nicole02ds, Jersey, Other

I was so angry. Burning flames consumed my body I was ready to shout, shout so loud the whole town would be able to hear me. I thought to myself.. how can people be so harsh?

The first day of school, a whole new school where I had no idea who anyone was. I sat down alone outside on my phone and I remember looking up to see a group of girls standing there, in front of me just staring me out. They asked me if I wanted to hang out with them. I was lonely, new and had no friends, these girls.. they were perfect and popular. I thought to myself why me? It then came to my mind that if I became friends with them I would be recognized and wanted by more people and I would finally feel included in this new school. I was wrong.

Everyday that went past we grew closer and closer. We were always together every day as well as every minute, no one could get in between us. I felt so included and loved by everyone of the girls. Everything was fine until one day we decided to do something very stupid.. or should I say, I decided to do something stupid.

We had a girls night out at one of the girls houses, we all took some food and drinks. We talked about everything and anything we could think of, we gossiped about people from school and talked about guys hours upon hours. One of the girls gave me and only me something to drink, something I had never seen in my life but they all dared me to drink it and I didn't wanna look like a wimp in front of them so I did. I drank it all up in one go.

I didn't remember much from that night the day after. I woke up in my bed and I had no idea how I even got there, the last thing I remembered was drinking whatever the girls made me drink. I went to school late and entered my classroom, everyone looked back at me and laughed. I had no clue at why they were laughing at me.

It got to break time and I couldn't find the girls anywhere. I looked and looked for them everywhere around the school and they were nowhere to be found. I then sat down on a bench, the same bench I sat down on the first day of school. I was lonely once again. I felt humiliated and I didn't even know why, I just had a bad feeling. A boy then comes up to me and tells me that the girls, the same girls I've been friends with for 1 year, the same girls I thought I could count on for anything and trust completely betrayed me. They played me like I was some kind of game waiting to be played.

Flashbacks from the day before started coming back to me, I started to remember bits of what happen after I drank the mysterious drink they gave me. They knew I had a secret and they did everything to get it out of me, the drink they gave me had sleeping pills in it. The girls thought I wouldn't remember but I did. I remembered everything that happened. I told them my secret, my biggest secret and they told everyone. There was no going back.

My anger consumed me and I didn't know what I could do to get rid of this vicious fire I had in me so I turned my emotions off, I turned them off like a switch. I was careless, people would care for me and try to help me but all I did was push them away and couldn't care-less about the things I said to them. People probably thought that I was a cold person, as cold as ice. But I didn't care.

A few months after everything happened I was alone in the desert of life, I was depressed and tired of life. No one cared about me anymore, everywhere I went people would always go the opposite way to avoid me. No one wanted to be close to me and I started to wonder why, I mean it had been a few months after everything happened haven't people forgotten about it?

I then started to realise that people weren't walking the opposite way because of my secret, they were walking the opposite way because of how horrible I was to them. I was consumed by my anger, and when you say things in anger they leave a scar. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out, no matter how many times you say sorry the wound will always be there.