Bill Smalls The Business Guy | Teen Ink

Bill Smalls The Business Guy

Author's note:

I am a very intelligent person but just don't show it in public. The story is very fun to read and might make you change what you are doing in life. 

Bill was a successful American man that made his own business got offered a D1 college and denied it, just to pay back his parents for their extra help with the private school that his parents provided for him, even though they were extremely poor. Bill loved his parents because of how they treated him and how they spoiled him. He then bought an old pawn shop gutted the inside of it and made it into a very nice looking restaurant. His business. Gree to one of the biggest in the town of South Harbor, Michigan. Then he moved to Hawaii rich and happy where he died and all of his money went toward his son and the South Harbor high schools football locker rooms and the football field.

Bill Smalls was born into a very poor family when he was younger and he told his parents that he would eventually be the richest man to roam the world. His parents struggled very much to pay the bills and buy him anything that he ever wanted. His parents tried to spoil him but were very hard to do without any money. His parents tried to get him a good education throughout the years Bill was in school. Bill was also involved in very many sports such as wrestling, track and field, basketball, and, football being his biggest and favorite sport that he played. In 1999 Bill had made it into the playoffs with his little Football team called the Southern Crawlers. Bill decided to make these last games of his senior Football year be the ones that the people of the little town in South Harbor, Michigan remember him by. He was on a fairly small football team that didn’t win very many games, but this particular year his team stepped it up and had a division-winning record of 7-1. They got a first-round bye giving them lots of time to practice for the team that they thought they were going to be playing, the Black-Tailed Rattlers. That was the only team that had beaten them all year with a 6-2 record. They had 2 weeks of practice to figure out what new plays the Rattles had found or made. 

A week later after all the hard practice and studying to win this particular game the Red-toed Oreos had beaten the Black-Tailed Rattles making all of the practice useless. They then scheduled a film session Saturday, September 13, 1999, to see how the Red-Toed Oreos had beaten the Rattles. It turns out the Rattles didn’t have their starting lineup on the field throughout the whole game.

Another week later after all of the practicing and studying, the game had finally arrived. The Oreos VS The Southern Crawlers was the headline on the school’s build board. 

The first half flew by with tackles left and right. In the second half, the Oreos were up by 7 with 2 huge scoring plays late in the half. When the Crawlers got to the locker room Bill explained how they were going to come back and win this game with no overtime. 

After leaving the locker room they continue back to the game. The Quarterback Jamal Adams throws the pass is up the ball is tipped it’s tipped again and it’s caught by Bill smalls in the endzone the Crawlers win it they’re going to the conference championship. 

September 21, 1999, the Crawlers beat the Oreos with a score of 27 to 28. After the win at the Oreos stadium, they had one last game to be remembered by, the conference championship, the biggest game that will happen in the little town of South Harbor, Michigan. A week later another game was hosted at the Crawlers field against the Yellow Gleaners.

With scores by the Crawlers left and right with huge hits here and they’re the Crawlers take the halftime lead. At halftime, the Crawlers up by 21 with Bill was having the game of his life. 

When leaving the locker room Bill explains loudly and clearly to his team we make this the game, the yellow gleaners and the small town of South Harbor Michigan, the one they remember us by. 

With the student section going crazy the team hot hyped and ended up beating the Yellow Gleaners with 2 more touchdowns to win the game. The Seniors cried happy tears and sad tears in the endzone as they knew it was the last game they were ever going to play but it was also the game they won in the conference championship. With the huge shiny trophy, they put it in a glass case in the school where it would be safe forever. As Bill grew he eventually got a D1 offer into Wisconsin as an American football player. Bill knew that he would never be good enough to make the NFL so Bill denied the offer and decided to build his own business. 

Bill then got a job and saved up every last penny that he made and put it toward an old pawn shop. He eventually bought the old pawn shop in 2010 and fixed it with the money he saved and a $10,000 loan from the bank. Bill didn't know yet what he wanted to turn that pawnshop into. So Bill decided to gut the whole inside and make it into a dining area because of his experienced cooking skills. From cooking with his parents he’d mastered making pancakes, eggs, french toast, and many more wonderful tasting foods. Bill then named his restaurant the Desired Embrace Challenges, because of his challenges throughout his childhood. As he worked on building his restaurant new technology kept coming out which led to him putting new stuff into his building and making it look a lot nicer. Which this could lead to having a lot more customers come to his restaurant when it opens. He then prints off the blueprints and gives them to the builders to start extolling the inside of the building. The plumber walls are repainted and some of them are rebuilt inside of the building. When the walls in the building were finished the electrician carpenter and the plumber start doing their job the plumbing was coming along well until the bill reach Bill. The electrician was on the road and almost done until one wire sparked and blew the stove up leaving not a wire including the power cord severely damaged. Then had to replace the stove power cord and all the wires leading to the stove. The carpenter then finished all the flooring tiles and the restaurant was completed. Then they cleaned up and ordered all the food that they thought they were going to be needing for the first couple of weeks the restaurant was going to be open. 

Bill then opened his restaurant a week after he’d got the whole inside complete. The restaurant opened on October 26, 2011. Bill then had his very first customers and as they walked over Bill panicked. 

Bill then asked very nervously “What would you like today” 

the customers replied “We will both take the triple pancake meal ” 

Bill then said “Find a seat anywhere and they will be out in a couple of minutes” 

Bill then made the pancakes and brought them out with a couple of milks and other sides for the patient waiting customers. 

Bill then said “Anything else”

and the customers replied “No, but thanks for asking” 

and Bill then left and watched as they ate the food. Bill then walked out with the bill and gave it to the customers. The customers paid the bill and left Bill a $25 tip for how good the food tasted. 

December 2021, after many years of business Bill, had finally reached the point where he was making money in his small business, and he was the happiest man on the face of the earth. Bill had a full house of customers on December 15, 2021. When he was taking orders a man then asked 

“Could I get a glass of water” 

Bill replied, “Well of course I can get you a glass of water”.

Bill then brought the glass of water out and haded to him with no thoughts on it. 

When closing time reach December 12, 2021, Bill left his fast-growing restaurant and as he pulled out of his restaurant driveway he was struck by a huge force of what felt like lightning running through his body. In the hospital, his parents were told that it would be rare if he survived. His parents cried over Bill as he was passed out in a coma. 

3 years later and he woke with his parents crying and asking the doctors if he was going to be ok. 

Bill then said, “Mom Dad is that you, or am I dreaming again”. His mom screeched and his Dad started to cry as they saw him talking again. 

2 weeks later and after a lot of medical talking and bills he was out of the hospital and back on his feet. Bill then asked

“how has the Business been going” His parents replied happily 

Your brother has been holding down the hatch for you since you have gone for quite some time. 

20 years later and with lots of cooking and burger-flipping and lots of money Bill sold his million-dollar company and moved to Hawaii shortly after his parents passed away. 

15 years later and with lots of money spending Bill had passed away not after he had a kid named Jeffrey With his wife named Jordan. But before he’d died he said to his son when I die you take half of my money along with mom and give the rest to the South Harbor High school. 

Bill is a brilliant guy that achieved very much in his life. He achieved the greatness of making it a D1 college and denied it just to make his own business and pay back his loved ones for the school that played for, for 18 years. Bill bought a pawn shop at 20 gutted the inside and, it ended up being one of the fastest-growing restaurants in the area. After he became very successful and old he then sold out his restaurants and moved to Hawaii where he eventually died a happy and rich man. Half of his money then went to his son Jeffry Smalls and the other half went into the school’s football field team and locker rooms.