Saying Good-Bye | Teen Ink

Saying Good-Bye

October 5, 2011
By Janinexo BRONZE, Broomall, Pennsylvania
Janinexo BRONZE, Broomall, Pennsylvania
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything happens for a reason, even if you don't agree with the reason things happen and life moves on."


Beginning of my junior year in high school I had to say good-bye to one of my best friends leaving for college. I never realized until that point exactly how hard it was actually going to be. I literally felt like I lost a enormous part of myself. We would go out to what we called our "fry dates" and we managed the field hockey team together. During the fall season we were basically inseparable, we could finish each others sentences. Watching her leave was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We still text each other everyday to catch each other up on our lives but, I'm still always going to have that countdown on my calendar until she comes home. Even if its only for a couple days, its better then her being two and a half hours away. My hometown just isn't the same without her here. The way I look at it is; She's making a future for herself out there in the big world and I couldn't be more proud of her. Of course I wish her college was closer to me, what friend wouldn't? What I really learned from this experience was the value of friendship. No matter how close or how far away we are from each other, we're still always there for each other and in the end that's all that truly matters.