The Ocean’s Treasure | Teen Ink

The Ocean’s Treasure

November 3, 2023
By Adhu_12 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
Adhu_12 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

        By the tranquil shore, bathed in the soft, golden hues of the sinking sun, she perched at a quaint seaside restaurant. Her gaze fixated on a plate of raw shrimp, which had just been laid before her. The delicate, translucent shrimp, artfully arranged on a bed of crushed ice, beckoned her with their elegant simplicity.


        With a sense of eager anticipation, her fingers reached out and delicately picked up one of the pristine specimens. The chilly caress of the ice beneath sent a shiver through her as she marveled at the shrimp's almost ethereal appearance. She raised it to her lips, closed her eyes, and let the sea's essence envelop her as she took the first delectable bite. The shrimp yielded gracefully, releasing a burst of briny freshness that tasted like the ocean itself, a symphony of salt and sweetness on her palate.


       As she continued her culinary voyage, the world around her faded into a distant hum. The sound of the waves, the laughter of fellow diners, and the cries of seagulls became a harmonious backdrop to her intimate moment with the shrimp. It was a communion with nature's beauty and a sensory celebration of the sea's treasures, a memory that would linger long after the sun had dipped below the horizon.


The author's comments:

In this set piece I decided to use the technique of describing the setting and painting a picture for the audience. Even though I personally haven’t tried raw shrimp, one of my friends had it at a restaurant we went to so I decided to write about it as it was an interesting experience. I also used a 3rd person point of view.