Music Is My Life | Teen Ink

Music Is My Life

By dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

Bandie. That sums me up completely. In grade school, I would go to parades, just to see the bands. I would cheer and yell, and some of the band members would smile as they went by. Others took their marching seriously and never smiled, but I knew that they were happy to have some people cheering them on. During my fifth grade year in middle school, I bought my own instrument: my now beaten up, silver flute. From that day on I was a music freak. From my iPod, to my guitar, I have been playing music or singing it. Music has changed my life completely
During my four years of middle school, I had to march in eight parades, and got to know what it feels like to have people cheer me on, no matter how bad we sounded. As I grew older and moved up to high school, I had to go to what we call band camp. Band camp is a week long process of learning, and marching an entire half-time field show. It’s usually three to four songs long with lots of movement. When I joined band, in freshman year, I never knew how drastically it could change my life.
After my first year of band camp, I became more active, and I lost weight, which was my biggest issue, and is still a constant battle. Music changed that for me. Music gave me the energy and motivation to get involved with other sports. It helped me realize that I could have a better and healthier lifestyle. Music made me start dancing, without caring who was watching.
Before I started high school, I was shy, quiet, and unnoticed. When I joined band in high school, I changed. I became a better, more outgoing person. I got more involved with school, sports, and I even met guys, and started to date. I met so many people at the parades we would march in high school. The colleges we’d visit, and the college bandies we would meet. It was so new to me, and so exciting back then, that I never wanted to stop, and I haven’t yet. Music is the one thing in my life that makes sense and is a huge part of my life. Music is, and always will be my life, my soul, my greatest achievement, and my passion.

this is going to be my personal statement for my college apps, any comments on what needs work, would be great!

hmmmmmmmm back travis! :P lol jk and okie dokie then

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

lol no, mine is Elmhurst College lol

6 yrs old? u know thats the number of man, it falls short of God's number 7. hmmmmmmmmm

travis i would be trained by a mission group sent over with 12 other people on a mercy ship and then placed in uganda. im prepared, ive done research and have wanted to d this since i was six. :)

a missionary to africa? hmm, good. but how r u gonna to aproach the ppl there? the y r lost, they either wouldnt care about u and not listen to u. im not trying to be mean, u just gotta prpare urself 4 this type of stuff. thats all. *BIG hug*

ok hey hey alex! i found the college i think u were tlking aobut by complete accidnet. ok so a friend of mine( she does piano) just got into vandercook music college in chicage was i right? complete freak thing. :))) lol

lol i meatn like poverty and stuff travis and i wan tto be a missionary in africa for a couple a months wht bout that?

rlly though, summer how do u expect ppl to follow u? how do u expect to save this world when its already saved? hmmmm evr thought of that?

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

yay!!! i beat out travis! yessss! my life goal is complete!! jkjk i love ya travis!! lol

oh b quiet! :P u knw im strting to like alex more. jk lol :)

step away from saving this world summer lol. u wont be able to handle it lol

ya you shuld. tehn u cn help me kill travis more often. :)

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

true true lol and woooow. i just looked at the forums lol 6 pages? i need to get on more lol

thats cool.  and a private college sounds cool and yeah the colleges i want to go to are waaaaaaaaaay outa my price range but i figure there is aways full scholarships or financial aid.

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

thought about it lol but its waaaay too expensive for me. i got a private college in chicago that im plannin on goin to lol its a huge music school.

thanks and ya i want to be a pediatric oncologsit, and im sure ull get into whtvr u wnt. thought of julliard?

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

ahh i see. well i think youll get into yale lol you seem really smart lol and havard med? jeez lol i never even dreamed of goin to an ivy league school lol but im sure whatever college you get into will be great. your sure to get accepted into any college

lol well idk if ill get in its just its always been my dream since i was like 8. that and then harvard medical school for undergradplus when my state school was voted 3rd party state in the country (tho there is a good football team) i kinda canceled that out.

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

lol yale wow! lol id never get in there XD im stickin to my state lol

i like that. maybe that i want to attend that certain college is to find the known? to try to define myself as a person? like i know which college i want to go to (yale)  i just have to get in first! :) lol