My Natural High | Teen Ink

My Natural High

I enjoy playing basketball, and when I’m angry or upset I play it. It makes me feel happy, and relaxes me. I can take my problems out on the court and find a better way to deal with them. I consider basketball my natural high.

Basketball is my favorite sport. It is a fun sport. When I’m angry or upset, I can just go play a game or shoot some hoops. When I’m playing basketball, it seems like all my troubles leave, and I calm down. It makes me feel happy when I score or a make a good pass. It helps you deal with your problems in a healthy way. It keeps your grades up because you want to play the sport that you love. You will find that when you have a good natural high, you have good friends and hang out with the right crowd.

Playing basketball also keeps me away from recreational drugs. I focus on basketball, and I don’t even want to think about doing drugs. I also know that if did drugs, I wouldn’t be able to play basketball to the best of my ability. It keeps me and a lot of my friends away from drugs, and helps us deal with our problems in a healthy way.