Tufts University | Teen Ink

Tufts University MAG

Boston, MA: I was prepared for another boring tour and information session but as Tufts came into view, I was surprisingly excited. The campus, with beautiful buildings and perfect fields, was absolutely breathtaking.

My dad and I walked around to get a feel and noticed the pleasant conversations people seemed to be having and the energy in the air. Everyone we encountered was friendly and eager to respond to our questions, which seemed proof that students were enjoying their college experience.

At the information session I learned that Tufts encourages its students to be well-rounded with many experiences during their years there. Also, the university emphasizes the importance of community involvement and taking on leadership roles in extra-curricular activities. Not only did these aspects of Tufts interest me, but so did the curriculum. I am interested in majoring in history but also believe it is important to expand my knowledge in other areas. Tufts provides the opportunity for students to fulfill their goals through its academic program and extra-curricular activities.

When the session ended, our group split up for a campus tour led by a Tufts student. It might have been because I could relate to my guide and her interests, or maybe because the campus itself fascinated me, but I fell in love with Tufts that day. As we visited the library, the cafeteria, and classrooms, I pictured myself there and really liked what I saw. I could be very happy at Tufts and thus applied early decision. Their website is tufts.edu.

i love this !

Savannainthesky GOLD, West Suffield, Connecticut

"It may have been in pieces.. but I gave you the best of me"-Jim Morrison(the doors)

Thanks for writing this. My dream is to attend Tufts and this was a very helpful article.Thank You!!