Stanford University | Teen Ink

Stanford University MAG

Stanford, CA: When I went to see my sister in California, my brother urged me to visit his alma mater while I was there. He wants me to attend Stanford University and had a friend to give me a tour.

We met at an on-campus coffeehouse and as soon as I walked in, I could feel the college atmosphere. Students were drinking coffee, having discussions, and reading on comfortable couches. Some were writing papers on laptops. After talking with my brother’s friend, we decided to go to the admissions office. As we walked over she talked about how wonderful and diverse the campus is and told me that she truly loved being there. She explained that the campus is normally very beautiful, but it was under construction. I still thought it was gorgeous.

She pointed out the 285-foot Hoover Tower, dedicated in 1941 by President Hoover, and we passed the Memorial Church in the center of campus. The art there shows scenes from the Old Testament. Continuing across campus, we saw one of the many libraries. Finally we reached the admissions office, where I picked up a packet with lots of information. I learned that 73 percent of classes at Stanford have fewer than 20 students and there is a 7:1 ratio of student to faculty. Stanford also has an overseas study program in which one third of the students participate.

My visit to Stanford was a learning experience. I highly suggest if you are looking at a college and thinking of attending, you should visit to see firsthand the learning environment and atmosphere. It will help you decide if that college is right for you. See more on stanford.edu.

i love this !

russianreader BRONZE, Charlotte, Vermont

"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best."

I wanna go here!!!!!!

Talal said...
Are they the best at science(because of the linear accelerator)?