Liberty University | Teen Ink

Liberty University MAG

Lynchburg, VA: Liberty University is beautifully situated in the mountains of a small Virginia city. It is a private university and offers academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment of 5,000 undergraduate students. The university is proud of the Liberty Difference: all its professors “integrate a Christian world view into every subject area. This biblical foundation is the cornerstone upon which we build academic excellence. Our faculty ... joins Liberty only after completing a rigorous interview process that confirms a born-again relationship with Christ.”

The facilities are new and very nice. Most of the campus buildings are brick, and accented by a gorgeous combination of foothills and green trees. The buildings include the enormous DeMoss Learning Center, which houses the School of Communication. Five basketball courts and a fitness center are in the student activities center. They also have the new LaHaye Ice Center, where students can skate or watch a hockey game. The dorms are all either new or recently renovated. I stayed in one for a week and it was among the cleanest, nicest housing I have ever seen.

Liberty offers studies in 60 areas, from business to biblical studies. They have 18 NCAA Division I sports, and the women’s basketball is consistently top-ranked. The crowning jewel, however, is the debate team. Beating Ivy League schools, it has consistently placed first nationally for this program. There are also intramural sports, swim teams, mission trip opportunities, worship ensembles, a school newspaper and yearbook, and many other ways to be involved. The students tend to be motivated and morally upright. Christian values take strong precedence, which is evident. I believe that anyone looking for a pretty and safe campus, along with lots of student activities, will appreciate Liberty University. Learn more at liberty.edu.

i love this !

Liberty is my dream college, but unfortunately, it doesnt have the major I want. :(

Atlantis PLATINUM, Naylor, Georgia

Because we are all looking for the complete definition of love (Beau Sia)

I have 2 friends that go to Liberty University and say its the most amazing place ever! Chris said it was just simply beautiful. I cant wait to see it (: