NEC | Teen Ink

NEC MAG

Henniker, NH: New England College provides students with a learning environmentwhere the professors are friendly and helpful. The campus has traditional NewEngland charm. Many of the buildings are converted old houses. Classrooms aresmall, since they never hold more than 10 to 20 students. And NEC does notrequire SAT scores!

The campus is nestled in Henniker, NH. Since thebuildings are scattered all over the town, students have to walk through it on adaily basis. Henniker offers five restaurants, a gourmet coffee shop, a pharmacyand a few specialty shops.

I visited NEC during its See & Skiweekend. Visitors were given a half-day ski pass after their tour around campus.Pat's Peak, on the outskirts of the town, is a public ski area where NEC studentsgo for free as part of their tuition. The college has a variety of athletic teamswhich compete at the Division III level, although its ski teams compete at theDivision II level. I am not much of a skier myself, but I know that NEC will giveme beginner ski lessons.

A memorable place to visit is the Wings of Dawn,a building where environmental science majors help injured birds. Another uniqueaspect of NEC is the skills center where students may receive tutoring, help withreading comprehension, time management, and other study areas. The skills centeris open most nights until midnight.

If you are interested in livingabroad, you may always transfer to the campus in Arundel, England. NEC is onecollege, with two campuses. The choice is up to you.

Reviewed in 1994

i love this !