Colby-Sawyer College | Teen Ink

Colby-Sawyer College MAG

By Andrew Carbone BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Andrew Carbone BRONZE, Lynnfield, Massachusetts

New London, NH: Colby-Sawyer, located in the beautiful White Lakes region of New Hampshire, has to be one of the most picturesque colleges in the world. When standing on campus and looking in every direction, you’ll see that you are surrounded by a postcard picture of mountains. To go along with the scenery, the Georgian-style rustic buildings are nice on the eyes as well.

The campus is easily navigated, as all of the buildings are just a few steps away. New London is a quiet, small town, the perfect place for students to work on their studies, while still offering them what they need from a town. Cities like Lebanon and Concord are only a 20-minute drive away.

The college offers 30 majors as well as six courses of study. At Colby-Sawyer, you are not just a number; you will know each person’s name as you walk the campus, and enjoy one-on-one relationships with professors. Small class size ensures that each student is accounted for and is getting the most bang for their buck. This college is an easy place to get focused and not fall behind in your studies. The internship program will also make sure you are more than ready for the real world of whatever field you study.

Colby-Sawyer offers 24 varsity sports and an intramural program to satisfy athletic students. With most of the teams in the Division III bracket, it’s easy for high school athletes to continue to play their sport while earning a top-of-the-line education. Colby-Sawyer is also known for its strong financial aid services to help students reach their dream of a college degree at a reasonable price.

The looks on the faces of the students say it perfectly – all smiles. Colby-Sawyer College is the place to be.