Thoughts triggered by a live streaming accident | Teen Ink

Thoughts triggered by a live streaming accident

By PATRICK13993 SILVER, Jiangsu Suzhou Kunshan, Other
PATRICK13993 SILVER, Jiangsu Suzhou Kunshan, Other

Drama comics is one of the main forms of video on the website Bilibili. Bilibili is famous for its comics and excellent uploaders. However, recently, one of the uploaders on the Bilibili, Lex, was criticized by the audience for his irresponsible behaviors during his live streaming. This uploader has over 9 million fans online. However, he argues that people who watch one of the comics that Bilibili has are underprivileged people. Such kind of argument has elicited the rage of the public.

Actually, before this incident happened, Lex has always been notorious for his aggressive behaviors and recklessness. However, he was still supported by many of his fans because he can always point out the essence of problem and offer some useful solutions. Nevertheless, the incident happening in live streaming had a lot of methods to resolve. What he did was to ignore the risks of the incident and kept on spreading his unscrupulous words, and at last his account in the Bilibili was banned.

After the situation worsened, this uploader actually did something to help improve the situation, but the result was not satisfying at all. What he did was to apologize to those people who were hurt by him before. However, the rage of the public kept on rising because of some other problems he had caused on the internet. He failed to control the situation, and all the honors he had got were withdrawn by the official.

From my personal perspective, the whole thing started because the person who had uploaded the video was aggressive and didn’t realize his mistake. Part of the reason for his popularity might be his sharp points of view and immediacy of his assessments about some hotspot issues online. But the way of his handling of these issues came out to be problematic, for he not only criticized the comics that official had promoted, but he also linked his comments on these stuff to other well-known video uploaders, leading to more serious rage from the public. We can see the arrogance in his comments. The sharp words that had made him popular this time indeed tripped him up. What this reminds me is to think twice before taking actions. As an influential video uploader, he needs to be responsible for his behaviors. But that doesn’t mean fans can condone everything he does. So, when he made those inappropriate comments, his fans were bound to come out and denounce his behaviors. But he didn’t take it seriously at the beginning and then things started to worsen. After the whole thing gradually settled down, the audience also roughly understood the whole matter. Moreover, his disdain for his behaviors led to a sharp decline in others’ goodwill towards him. More importantly, as a video uploader, he did not take his due responsibilities but expressed his own views in an irresponsible manner. And he was eventually banned by the official.