Crimson bullets | Teen Ink

Crimson bullets

By HarleyLiu SILVER, Irvine, California
HarleyLiu SILVER, Irvine, California

What kind of sparks will emerge between rationality and humanity? What is the end of a human rights movement that has lasted for more than 20 years? On November 22, 1963, a ruthless bullet took the life of President Kennedy after only three years in office. "I will try my best, this is the only thing I can do, and I need your help, and I need God's help," Johnson said in a brief statement with a heavy and regretful heart.
  Johnson was personally nominated by Kennedy as vice president, and he showed amazing eloquence and speech talent from a very early age. When Johnson was twelve, he used to tell his classmates: "You know, one day I'm going to be the President of the United States.". As the eldest son of a family of politicians known locally and even in Texas, Johnson's burden is doomed to his legendary life. After he graduated from high school, he chose to travel and work to experience life. After experiencing various inequalities and social loopholes in social systems, customs, etc. Johnson eventually returt the separation and equality policy proposed by the white southerners at that time. He also juggles studies, secretarial work and public speaking around, a very efficient activity on the front lines of politics. Later, Johnson's serious and responsible attitude, outstanding eloquence and excellent grades made him stand out among the candidates and became the head of the National Student Affairs Administration in Texas and successfully became a member of Congress a year later. one. The promise he made when he was twelve years old is now becoming a reality step by step, and he has gradually changed from his childhood desire to be a high-quality president to being able to actually help more through his own efforts and sweat. People troubled by social inequality.
 Johnson’s attitude toward African Americans was to maintain segregation and equality in the South every day. When he came to California to work after graduating high school, he could deeply understand the unfairness of this at that time. Through his own efforts, he maintained his original intention and walked to Congress step by step and was nominated by President Kennedy to become Vice President one year later. At the same time, he was also affected by the conflicting relationship between reason and human nature. During his growth, he was influenced by his family, influenced by society. And from what he heard during his speeches at various universities and when he came to Congress, it was the kind of white people who were both open and conservative thinking about African Americans. This directly led to his repeated efforts to block the establishment of relevant laws on African-American equality in parliamentary votes. He began to become confused, whether he wanted to eliminate the invisible barrier between races or keep tradition and follow people's views on races in the past. These two ideas have been lingering in Johnson's mind, and there is never a satisfactory result. November 22, 1963, a day that will never be forgotten. At this moment, the two voices in Johnson's mind seemed to be completely pierced by the shooting sound that resounded through the sky. He became no longer hesitant, and chose his true heart without hesitation. He was like a bow and arrow that had been poised for a long time, and it flew out without reservation at this moment. Johnson upheld the unfulfilled wishes of President Kennedy, using his years of experience in politics and his unique love of politics. Finally, in 1964, the Civil Rights Act was officially announced for the entire United States. Lyndon Johnson believes through his own efforts and says: "We believe that all men are created equal; but many people are not treated equally. We believe that all people have birthrights, but many Americans do not enjoy them These rights. We believe that everyone deserves freedom, yet millions of people are deprived of it, not through their own failures, but because of the color of their skin.”

It is an passage describing Johnson, during 1917 when President Kennedy was born. Analysis the obstacles and risks taken.

HarleyLiu SILVER, Irvine, California
It’s pretty straight forward.