Coming to a Theater near YOU! | Teen Ink

Coming to a Theater near YOU!

January 11, 2010
By ladiesman217 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
ladiesman217 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The hot summer months are behind us, signaling the time of year when studios get serious and release the year’s biggest movies.
Of all the movies coming out in fall 2009, one of the most anticipated is Spike Jonez’s “Where the Wild Things Are.” Most impressive about this film, many viewers agree, will be the “wild things” themselves. Fans are anxious to see the characters they grew up with come to life on the big screen.
Apart from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and other large scale bestselling novels, movies based on books have traditionally been crashing failures. In this case, however, critics and fans are convinced “Where the Wild Things Are” will be different.
Another film poised to win over fans is Jonathan Mostow’s “Surrogates.” Opening September 25, many are saying “Surrogate” is Oscar-bound.
“I think it looks like a good movie. Nobody has ever really made anything like this before. It’s a really original idea,” says senior Alex Straka.
The movie is set in the year 2017, and humans now have robotic bodies that serve as surrogates. These surrogates are unflawed robotic versions of themselves, and enable people to experience life vicariously from the comfort and safety of their own homes. Bruce Willis stars as an FBI agent who enlists the aid of his own surrogate to investigate the murder of the genius college student who invented the surrogates.
Without question, the most anticipated movie hitting theaters this fall is “New Moon,” the thrilling second installment of the Twilight Saga.
“I love Twilight! I’ve read all the books and I thought the first movie was awesome. There’s a lot of action but it’s also a romance movie too,” says senior Grace Ohm.
Adapted from Stephanie Meyer’s bestselling series, “New Moon” follows Bella Swan, Jacob Black, and Edward Cullen through a series of adventures, heartaches, and romances. “New Moon” is sure to leave fans in a fit of disgruntled agony at the thought of waiting another year for another “Twilight” movie.