TEN WAYS TO HEAL A BROKEN HEART | Teen Ink

TEN WAYS TO HEAL A BROKEN HEART

By Novelist05 BRONZE, -, Other
Novelist05 BRONZE, -, Other

"Live like you're going to die tomorrow and Learn like you're going to live forever"

We all know that guys are jerks. And we all know that our relationships are not going to last forever. So why should we be so upset when a guy breaks our heart? Why should he have the right to break our not-so-easy-to-heal heart?
For you broken-hearted out there, here’s a quicker way to find a solution. Here are a few fun ways to heal a broken heart...
10) Go out.
Getting out of the house helps you get rid of your monotonous bedroom. You can go do all sorts of things outside like shopping, movies, etc. but REMEMBER always do it with company, going alone is only going to make the loneliness worse.
9) Workout.
Really, it helps to get that anger and tension inside you out. And it helps burning the flab you’ve been building up since the break up with all that ice cream.
Cause seriously, do you want your ex to look at you and smile, realizing that after him you’ve not been able to handle yourself? And gone all flab-city?
8) Smile.
Sounds weird, but it helps. Just smile. Keep smiling. It makes you feel good about yourself.
Actually, it makes your ex wonder how you can be so happy after breaking up and he starts getting annoyed. But no, we are not going to think about our exes. The reason we are happy is because our life is better without them, even if it isn’t.
7) The Internet
Did you know the internet can be useful for stuff other than Facebook? All you have to do is go onto Google Images, enter the name of cute actor and drool. Yes, it helps. It makes you think if god has created guys like this why was I with a guy like that? I deserve one of god’s finest creations.
6) Delete
Yes you heard me right. Delete him, from your contacts and your friend list. Deleting him will help you feel that he is out of your life. He doesn’t concern you anymore. And if you get a message you won’t pounce on the phone to check if it’s him saying sorry because now you know he ceases to exist.
5) Watch a Horror/Thriller movie
This will help you concentrate on things like oh my god what’s that lurking around in the corner? Rather than why did we break up?
4) Scream
In a pillow. Take out all that anger in you.
3) Music
No, not just any music. Rock music. You probably haven’t heard of rock music cause you only listen to pop and hip-hop and R&B right? Well Rock Music is a great healer; just find a good band and listen to them scream and shout, it energizes your nerves.
Even if it doesn’t its better than listening to I Just Called to Say I Love You.
2) Burn him.
Burn the picture of him lying in your room. A few months earlier, I would’ve agreed with you, how the hell is someone suppose to get over a guy by burning his photo? Well, it works. I went ahead and tried it myself. I was so sure that it wasn’t going to help me because deep down I’d continue love him as much as I do. But I put it on fire (just to please a friend) and watched it burn.. And voila, the pain vanished. Well not completely, but by a large percent. I kept wondering how this could be possible. I mean, feelings are feelings right? But I guess burning it affects your psyche or something.

1) Chocolate.
I know this contradicts number 9 but …Chocolate is everything. It stays by your side through it all. And it tastes like heaven.

crazieeone said...
This is so true. Amazing; perfect!! Your right chocolate is everythig:)

Novelist05 BRONZE, -, Other

thanks again, cupcake:)

cupcakegirl10 BRONZE, Gurgaon, Other

I like this ;)

way to go bro! :D

Novelist05 BRONZE, -, Other

i agree :)

secrets_of_silence GOLD, Gisborne, Other

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

see it is a massive way to get over him\her also good for failed exams!

Novelist05 BRONZE, -, Other

I do that too :P

life had i loved the more
had it but passed away
as quietly as the day
ebbs from the darkening star.

-emanuel litvinoff

my idea is throw a massive girl only party and do all ten in excessive amounts!