The World Has Bigger Problems Than Boys Who Kiss Boys | Teen Ink

The World Has Bigger Problems Than Boys Who Kiss Boys

By Mikki_Shae7 BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado
Mikki_Shae7 BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado

"Even Hell can get comfy once you've settled in" ~Oliver Sykes

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Now, listen closely... The world has bigger problems than boys who kiss boys. I know! Hard to believe, right? I mean, think about it. There are starving families and children without shoes or winter coats. Don't forget people with terminal cancer or teens living in a bad home.. but oh no, god forbid you see two people of the same sex kissing.

What I don't understand is that people use The Bible as an excuse to hate on homosexuals. Okay, so even though The Bible is against divorce, eating pork and getting tattoos, we've evolved to the point where we've learned that the sky isn't going to fall if we sign a sheet of paper and take off our rings or eat a slab of meat. But if two people of the same sex are in love the world is going to break out in World War lll, right? Well, in the words of a wise man, "I've never had gay people show up at my door and give me pamphlets, trying to get me to come to their gay club - it's always religious people showing up, giving me pamphlets and trying to get me to come to their church." I mean, most Christians say it’s a sin because they stereotype the bible. A lot of them have never actually looked at the verse that says anything about homosexuality.

When I asked my good friend his opinion on the subject, he replied with “In my opinion as a Christian. I believe god made you like that for a reason and only god can officially judge you. You’re not God so you have no right to judge someone for using their FREE WILL which God gave us. To go for the way god has given them”

We both agreed that being gay is not a sin, although he believes acting upon it is. Now, I’m not trying to bash your religion, you can believe in whatever you want, I’m not going to judge you.

Consider this a game of LGBT's Believe It Or Not. Is seeing two women kiss going to make your daughter look at you and say "Mommy! I want to kiss a girl too and be just like them!".... I highly doubt it. It's not going to turn your baby boy gay, and it certainly isn't something that children shouldn't be seeing. It's love, L-O-V-E. Are you really picking and choosing who should be happy or not? Why does it matter to you if your cousin likes a nice person with the same parts, and how does gender make it any less of a relationship?

And for those of you who think sexuality is a choice: choose it. Right now. Choose to be gay. What’s the matter, can’t do it? Why not? It’s your choice, right?..... Do you understand a little bit now? You’re sexuality is not in your control. You didn’t choose to be straight, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, demisexual, homosexual.. whatever..

Now lets put two attractive boys next to each other. One confesses that he’s gay. Most people would find that as a turn off. Some would look even down on them and say things like, “Ew, gross.” or “This isn’t right” And well, that’s the thing that isn’t right. You liked both boys in the beginning, then degraded one because you found out he liked guys. That doesn't seem fair does it?  He’s still the same person you had your eye on, or even fell for. I mean... being hated for what gender you like is wrong. It’s like saying since you like burritos you are now hated and disowned by your peers.

Any type of discrimination is wrong. It should be a sin to hate someone for their race, sexuality, and gender. It’s something you’re born with, so how is it okay to be judged or abhorred?
Next time you see two girls kissing you shouldn’t let it phase you. Think about the families starving or the 4 year old girl with inoperable cancer instead. Being gay isn’t the worst thing that can happen in this world, and I think it’s time we realise that.

I wrote this because I don't fit under the three sexualities everyone knows about. Never have I personally gotten any hate for it, but I've seen a lot of my close friends have issues with close-minded adults and sheltered children. I hope that people will get where people in the LGBT community are coming from. Or well, anyone with a brain is coming from. I don't know.. this was a school project and I thought I'd upload it here and see what happens.