Judegement | Teen Ink

Judegement

September 4, 2015
By Love,Priya SILVER, London, Wisconsin
Love,Priya SILVER, London, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Life is funny isn’t it? Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something, and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you’re lost. It is so easy to lose your way, to lose direction.”


So when I went back to school I decided I needed a change I mean after all this was my last year a school as I’m planning to leave for an apprenticeship at 16. So I got a new bag and new shoes (weren’t exactly school appropriate but no one’s yet to call me out on it yet), obviously with this I needed a new look. So I put this kohl eyeliner I bought years ago to use putting it all around my eye, note only a thin line not proper bold because not all teachers are blind to the no makeup rule and also I wasn’t going for the complete Goth look even though my bag was black and so were my shoes. Lots of my classmates noticed some said stuff like “what’s with the eyeliner?” or “you’re turning into (friend)” my friend who happened to be known for the vast amount of makeup she put on but to me if it made her feel less insecure let her go with the flow. One even commented “what are you offing yourself” as much as I tried to act confused I knew it was a suicide comment , yeah that one hurt pretty bad. Then one girl came up and said “your eyes look really good” it was the first nice comment I had on them and I can’t confirm if this was fake but knowing her as quite a nice person i doubt she’s one to make snarky comments. It actually warmed my heart. It made me feel a whole lot better about them. “You’re the first person to make a nice comment on them, everyone else was like oh what’s with the eyeliner” I replied which to she laughed not in the bad way just you know friendly laughter. Anyways I couldn’t shake the feeling this new change was making me feel awful, honestly I nearly cried on the bus (and that’s a whole new low for me). So after a run in with my primary school classmate who was kind of hot or maybe the feeling of nostalgic made me see that. He happened to be on the bus, we made awkward eye contact then got off not the best story I know but that was just us we were both awkward people and I guess we still are to this day. I thanked my lucky stars I was wearing eyeliner just so I didn’t look as worn out from school as I usually do. I look a good hard look at myself in the mirror when I got home to see how bad my eyeliner looked and I was like HOLD UP. THESE EYES LOOK LIKE A SMOKY DREAM HELLO WHAT YOU ON ABOUT MATE MY EYES LOOK BAD? No I wasn’t in denial to me they did look great and that’s the whole point of the story who cares what people think if you can rock it go for it. Honestly never going without kohl eyeliner ever again. In emergencies the answer is always a little kohl eyeliner to bring emphasis on those gorgeous eyes. My point is here people have always got something bad to say about you, a flaw they would love to pick apart and talk to you about as if that’s ok. Honestly will never get that how do you go up to someone that lets presume you’re on mutual basis with and be like “yeah I don’t like that eyeliner”. I’m sorry I forgot that clearly if you don’t like it there’s no way I should ever wear it again. Honey if you like it then why these people are contributing their worthless opinions on it?  It’s like being like “Hey I hate you nose honestly change it” like that’s something you can’t change and neither is something you like never stop liking something just because a bunch of people can’t get their heads around the idea of someone liking something they don’t. That’s today’s lesson I was close to tears on the bus swearing to never wear kohl eyeliner to school because of some stuck up kids. Never let anyone get into you changing who you are and what you like because that’s what makes you you and makes them pretty awful people who need to criticize anything new.


The author's comments:

It sounds weird but kohl eyeliner inspired this article.