Sticks and Stones | Teen Ink

Sticks and Stones

February 12, 2013
By vocalgenius14 BRONZE, Fjdksalfjalsdk, Other
vocalgenius14 BRONZE, Fjdksalfjalsdk, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never know what you've got until it's gone!


What gives them the right?






























To hurt others who cannot fight back, who can’t defend themselves and can’t stop the people from doing what they do. People always say ‘sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me,’ but is that true. Can we block out the names that have been said about us. Can people really take name calling and just think it will stop soon. The bullies may not be hurting us physically they are hurting us mentally and emotionally and it is bad that people are so insensitive they are making others feel bad.
What gives them the right?


































Making people feel bad that they look the way they do or come from a different background to others. Although is it really their fault they live or look the way they do no and everyone is beautiful in their own individual and unique way. So the next time someone says something incredibly insensitive to you or anyone you know, stand up for yourself and tell them that you are a strong, independent person and people like them bullies are horrid people and that they don’t have the right to tell you that your ugly or thick because of where you come from.
What gives them the right?
Nobody did.


The author's comments:
This is a feeling that has been growing inside me and I have always been told that sticks and stones may break your bones but names will never hurt me, but I always thought is that really true.