Needs your voice | Teen Ink

Needs your voice

October 18, 2015
By Dannn SILVER, Houston, Texas
Dannn SILVER, Houston, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It’s not funny, it’s not cute, and it’s not doing you any good if you victimize in bullying you need to stop.
That girl who was always quiet and never said anything when they called her names and you never said anything for her.
Bullying is wrong. When you see it you need to stand up and stop the person who is doing the bullying because it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if you’re a bully.
You’re as much of bully if you don’t say anything, don’t tell a teacher or a trusted adult. If you don’t help the victim get away and just stand there like a ton of bricks.
It doesn’t matter if they are physically or verbally attacked. It’s also important for kids that are in larger schools because hall monitors could be focus on siting everyone down on the bleachers than five boys punching and kicking a kid in the middle of the bleachers. So there might be a kid just beside those five boys that goes to the teachers and tells them what is going on. Or, that kid could just sit there while that victim tries to avoid those five guys by not coming to school or…worse.
But, that should never happen because, it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if your being that jerk.
Most people don’t want to get involved with that and they think their helping. But you aren’t. You’re doing the exact opposite. In the victims mind you’re just as much as of a bully if you’re just sitting there like a ton of bricks  while he’s getting beat up or getting verbally harassed and that victim is right.
So, don’t just stand there while that kid is getting bullied, because it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if your just standing there like a ton of bricks while he needs your voice.