Needs your voice | Teen Ink

Needs your voice

By Dannn SILVER, Houston, Texas
Dannn SILVER, Houston, Texas

It’s not funny, it’s not cute, and it’s not doing you any good if you victimize in bullying you need to stop.
That girl who was always quiet and never said anything when they called her names and you never said anything for her.
Bullying is wrong. When you see it you need to stand up and stop the person who is doing the bullying because it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if you’re a bully.
You’re as much of bully if you don’t say anything, don’t tell a teacher or a trusted adult. If you don’t help the victim get away and just stand there like a ton of bricks.
It doesn’t matter if they are physically or verbally attacked. It’s also important for kids that are in larger schools because hall monitors could be focus on siting everyone down on the bleachers than five boys punching and kicking a kid in the middle of the bleachers. So there might be a kid just beside those five boys that goes to the teachers and tells them what is going on. Or, that kid could just sit there while that victim tries to avoid those five guys by not coming to school or…worse.
But, that should never happen because, it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if your being that jerk.
Most people don’t want to get involved with that and they think their helping. But you aren’t. You’re doing the exact opposite. In the victims mind you’re just as much as of a bully if you’re just sitting there like a ton of bricks  while he’s getting beat up or getting verbally harassed and that victim is right.
So, don’t just stand there while that kid is getting bullied, because it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if your just standing there like a ton of bricks while he needs your voice.

mplo said...
That's true enough, casscass2430. "Guilt by association" is the most articulate, accurate and succinct way to put it.

linds.ann BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
The line “You’re as much of bully if you don’t say anything, don’t tell a teacher or a trusted adult,” stands out to me. This is a true fact. Many victims of bullying have witnesses who do not speak up because they do not want to be involved in the situation. You are allowing the continuation of the bullying if you don’t try to put an end to it. All bullying should be reported. “Bullying is wrong,” and should stop immediately. This article is brilliant.

DrizzyTheWriter BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
Me, being a victim of bullying, knows what it like for people to “stand there and watch" as I struggled or tell adults that I was being bullied and I did not receive a single bit of compensation for my struggles. People are always taught to get an adult when they see someone getting bullied, but if they have any sense then they'd know that by the time an adult is alerted about the situation, the damage is already done.

katikat00 said...
katikat00, White Castle, Louisiana
I love this piece because as a victim of bullying, I can say I agree with what you are saying. By repeating “it’s not funny, it’s not cute and it’s not doing you any good if you’re a bully” you are speaking out for the victims, and I feel like this is something that really needs to be heard.

casscass2430 BRONZE, Halloween Town, Louisiana

"whatever"

I whole heartedly agree "you’re as much of bully if you don’t say anything"; you're still guilty by association.