untitled | Teen Ink

untitled

Burmese Pythons are causing problems in the Florida Evergreens. Burmese Pythons are decreasing the amount of breeds and animals causing some to go extinct. They became the top predator in a little amount of time! People have had very bad mistakes that make big consequences!
Burmese Pythons are decreasing the amount of breeding animals. Some scientists said that there are a lot less raccoons, baboons, possums and rabbits since pythons came to the Evergreens. Until the year 2000 night time animals were seen a lot more. Burmese pythons are dangerous to birds and many land animals .
Multiple species have already gone extinct and even more will if the Burmese Python keeps living in the Evergreens. The pythons have unbalanced the food chain. This can result in many other animals going extinct. The Burmese Python became the top predator in a little amount of time seeing how they should not be living in the evergreens. The Python adapted to the environment and has lived there for many years. Since they have lived there so long they became very good predators.
It has been shown that the Burmese Python is a problem in the Evergreens but why did they get to the evergreens in the first place?They got there by people abandoning their pet pythons there when their pets should really be going to a humane society or even a zoo!