The sound of rain | Teen Ink

The sound of rain

By suhanikhemka25 SILVER, Kolkata, Other
suhanikhemka25 SILVER, Kolkata, Other

"The truth..it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution"
-Albus Dumbledore.

The sound of my alarm filled my ears, screaming at me to wake up. My eyes complained as the sunlight blazed right into them. I forced my body out of laziness and went to do my chores.

Just when I came out from my bath I saw the sun disappear behind the grey clouds, painting the sky ash grey. It wasn’t long until tiny droplets danced down from the sky, knocking on the roof tops. I watched the trees sway along with the howling wind, while the birds sang with the rustle of the leaves as they hurried to their nests. It was the perfect time to have pancakes with maple syrup and a cup of hot chocolate. I choose to skip studies for the day and enjoy time with myself and nature. Sitting in my balcony I strummed my guitar, playing ‘Without you’ which went along nature’s rhythm. The rain had induced the smell of petrichor which filled up my lungs, calming  my mind. Nature was a band, the thunder was the drummer, the music performed by the rain with the birds as singers, while we were mere admirers. I read my book ‘Pride and Prejudice’ as the rain poured down, bathing the plants. The rain had given birth to ideas of drawings and poetry which I took down on paper.

The pitiless clouds had drained the city with incessant rain washing out every corner of the area.

Hey! I am Suhani from India and am 13 years old. I wish to see a better world, where everyone is equal to the eyes. Being an enviorment-enthusiast I also hope to see a change in which everyone doesnt take nature for granted and helps her recover from the exploitation we have forced on her.