The Growing Rate Of Ocean Pollution | Teen Ink

The Growing Rate Of Ocean Pollution

The ocean which we take great pleasure in weather it's the sunrise or the sunset  or for a late night swim or whatever it may be,  is in severe  danger of ocean  pollution and soon  won't  be  as enjoyable as it was. Plastic waste  , and littering all which is harmful to the ocean ecosystem and to us humans is the definition of ocean pollution.

According to National Geographic society  it states, "This trash poses dangers to both humans and animals. Fish become tangled and injured in the debris, and some animals mistake items like plastic bags for food and eat them. Small organisms  feed on tiny bits pf broken-down plastic, called microplastic and absorb the chemicals from the into their tissues. Micro plastics are less than five millimeters (0.2 inches) in a diameter and have been detected in  a range of marine species, including plankton and whales. When small organisms that consume micro plastic are eaten by larger animals,  the toxic chemicals then become part of their  tissue. In this way, the micro plastic pollution migrates of the food chain, eventually becoming part of the food humans eat." (National Geographic Society, Marine pollution ,May 19,2022).

This quote made by the National Geographic  society is the best demonstration of the danger of ocean pollution. It gives us all the reasons why we should help stop the fast growing rate of plastic waste and littering pollution. 

Some ways we can fight off progressively growing rate of pollution is to use reusable products such as  reusable bags when go shopping to avoid the purchase of the plastic bags at the store, using reusable cups and avoid the plastic water bottles , say "no" to plastic utensils, and recycle as much as you can. Following these steps we can still  continue  to enjoy those breathtaking sunrises.