Welcome To Georgia | Teen Ink

Welcome To Georgia

"Welcome to Georgia", My grandmother greeted me as I got off of the airplane. On the way to what would become my new home I silently watched out the car window. Realizing just how beautiful Georgia was. The open blue sky, the beautiful trees dancing in the wind, it was such a miraculous sight. Coming to a stop i glanced over at the meadow spoting two wild horses running free in the wind. New York had been changed into hotels, spas, and shopping malls. Growing up a country girl was almost impossible. as we continue down the road i see debree flying around. "what is all that?",i asked my grandmother. "trash." she replied. "Georgia is just a big dumpster." I was shocked. How could people trash such a beautiful place?

Well pulled up into the driveway, my cousins running out of the house to greet me. It had been about three years since i seen them. They helped carry my bags inside with questions spewing out of their mouths. I explained to them that I was really tierd and promised to answer all their questions in the morning. As I was unpacking my things my grandmother entered the room. I aked her about the littering and why it was so bad. She said it was because most people just don't care and their to lazy to throw their trash away.

My granmother had always been eco-friendly. She recycled and she would always walk to where she had to go. One day she won the lottery and bought her self a hybrid car. Laying in bed that night I realized I wanted to fallow in her footsteps. I wanted to be eco-friendly. The next morning when I woke up my grandmother and I went to pick up trash off the highway. The feeling felt so right, I was happy I could clean up. So why don't you help? Get some friends together and help your community become eco-friendly. Plant flowers, pick up trash, even just riding your bike to your friends house is helping save the world. So help us make The world beautiful, one step at a time.

Brooke Ice said...
Brooke Ice, Waleska, Georgia
i live in Georgia and your right! We need to do something about all the trash!