Environmental problems concerning animal extinction: | Teen Ink

Environmental problems concerning animal extinction:

October 23, 2007
By Anonymous

Animal extinction. Probably one of the most common things you hear people talk about when referring to the environment. Think about it, how many people do you really know that actually take care of the environment and try to protect animals from being extinct? In my case I don’t know any. Some of the most common reasons that animals are extinct are caused by humans. Like for example, construction forces animals of all kind to move to a different place and adapt to a place that they’re not used to. Its like someone telling you to move out of your house because they need another McDonalds. Wouldn’t you quickly refuse? That’s why I’ve thought of ways that we can all help the environment by protecting those endangered animals from becoming extinct.


Pollution and contamination as you know is also caused by humans. Pollution is all the gas in the air caused by cars, trains, factories, buses etc. Contamination is caused by humans throwing debris into rivers, ponds, canals, beaches, and even oceans. I know many people don’t have the time to help animals but by getting others carpooling and not littering think of all the animals that you’re saving. It may not seem like much but little by little if we all work to preserve the environment we can help lots of animals for generations to come.


By now you’re probably asking you’re self why should you protect these animals when they can bite you any day. Well animals have been around since before humans and they are a very unique part of our environment. When animals are in a new habitat they tend to bite people more because they feel like they need to be cautious in a new habitat since they don’t recognize it. We should all help protect animals because in a way they’re like people and if you’re a compassionate person you know that no matter what type of person you are you deserve to live so why don’t animals? Working together we can help create a better environment where animal extinction doesn’t exist.