Animal Cruelty | Teen Ink

Animal Cruelty

The definition of animal testing: use of animals in experiments and development projects usually to determine toxicity, dosing and efficacy of test drugs before proceeding to human clinical trials. Animal testing is used for everyday house hold items. Some of those items producers are: Clorox, Dial, L’Oreal, S.C. Johnson, Procter and Gamble. Animal testing is very brutal. Every day animals are being painfully experimented on. Rabbit’s are having to test toxic items, mice are having in inhale toxic fumes, and dogs are being forced to eat pesticides. Animal testing is just one of the many things people do to animals everyday.

Many animals are cruelly killed and cut for their fur used for clothing and accessories. I watched a video on PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) about sheep. In the video it showed the sheep being violently cut of their wool and cutting the skin of the sheep. Then it showed them being shipped off most of the animals are dead when they arrive because, some don’t get to eat, others trampled on, and being trampled to death. On the ships its every crowed and disgusting. When they arrive to there destination the animals are hit and beaten and then ruthlessly killed. While watching this video I started to cry. I have never seen anything so torturous; it was sickening to watch.

There are many other forms of abuse to animals everyday.I hope this a given to a out look on this subject, and being a little more aware of what your buying. Learning this has changed my life for the better. You can help make a change for some of these animals.