It's a Greenhouse Out There! | Teen Ink

It's a Greenhouse Out There!

It’s a Greenhouse Out There!

In a nutshell, the entire earth as we know it is heating up, and fast! We are constantly ripping new holes in our ozone layer of our atmosphere, letting in the sun’s harmful UV rays. Pollution is probably the biggest factor for this whole warming process. Automobile emissions, factory pollutions and much more just build up the CO2 in the air, tearing up the ozone.

My whole plan of salvation is of course a stretch, but this is how I would do it if I had the power. One, I’d find some kind of way to make the entire earth run on non-pollutant power. Such has solar energy, wind energy, hydro energy, etc. Then, I would seriously jack down the prices of these hybrid vehicles. Boy, are they expensive! Automobile companies expect people to drive them, what the heck, how are they going to pay for them first?

So let’s say this all works. That means we won’t be needing much oil for a while, which should keep other countries with all the oil at bay. Now, just in case this whole plan didn’t last as long as we would have liked it to, the other countries can throw us some oil here and there. I do admit though, the United States is an oil guzzling machine.