Our World, Our Choice | Teen Ink

Our World, Our Choice

Green. Green. Green. Reminders of going eco-friendly are etched into our brains day in and day out. However, going green goes beyond reducing, reusing and recycling. It also includes realizing that you can make a difference. You can change the planet.
Now, more than ever, it is time to take action. I am not asking you to cut off all electricity and wear 100% organic clothes from now on. Even the simplest of things can help change the world around us. From turning off the lights when you leave the room to purchasing a hybrid, changes like these can begin to undo the damage of our demanding society.

Whether you are an active environmentalist or an ordinary person looking to help out, your services are needed. Some scientists have strongly supported that global warming is already causing problems. The good news is: it is not too late to save our earth! Citizens everywhere have come together to do what little they can. Around the nation, schools have begun to do their job with the addition of recycling bins, and reusable lunch trays in the cafeteria. Now that we have a start, we need to continue on with our efforts. Letting your hair air dry without the use of a blow dryer, and purchasing green bags at the grocery story are changes to your lifestyle that you may feel go unnoticed, but are still helping improve our world.

Now is the time to answer the bombarding calls of going green. Now is the time for us to help.