The Wishes and Dreams of Endangered Animals | Teen Ink

The Wishes and Dreams of Endangered Animals

By BellaCullen BRONZE, Westland, Michigan
BellaCullen BRONZE, Westland, Michigan

What does a Giant Panda dream about? If the Bald Eagle could blow out the candles on his birthday cake, what would he wish for?

Since I am not a Giant Panda, or a Bald Eagle, I cannot give an exact answer to those questions. But, I can guess the answer. For these animals, (along with the Blue Whale, Gray Wolf, Siberian Tiger, and many others) extinction is a very serious problem. I can guess that the countless endangered animals dream about safety, and wish for a ray of hope. Although some animals can take perfectly good care of themselves, others need our help.

We may not have caused some of the problems that endangered species seem too face every day, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't help. And, besides, we did cause a lot of those problems. Problems that were preventable, and hopefully reversible. If you're asking, ' Why should I help? I didn't cut down billions of trees in some rainforest halfway around the world. I didn't shoot some Tiger so that I could make a rug. So what's the point? There's nothing I can do, so why should I bother trying?', then you need too know this: There is always something you can do. No matter how small, it will help some animal somewhere. And you may not have been drilling for oil by some polar bear's home, or cutting down a forest just to build some useless factory that smog's up the air and will probably go out of business anyways, but somebody is. And, just think, if that somebody only knew that they were contributing to the whole endangered species thing, do you think that they might stop? Maybe, maybe not. But, putting the idea in their head can't hurt, right? And even if they don't listen, there are other ways to prevent extinction.
You can donate money and/or time to a local charity in your community that supports an endangered species, you could adopt an endangered animal, you could even try too collect money with your friends for one of the animals that you don't want to lose. There are lots of ways to help; get involved!
For more information, go to http://www.Earth'sEndangered.com

One of my favorite books by Dr. Suess is The Lorax. It has a wonderful message, and I hope that my piece can reach out to people in the same way.