Trick Question | Teen Ink

Trick Question

October 17, 2007
By reneeannxyz PLATINUM, Bloomington, Illinois
reneeannxyz PLATINUM, Bloomington, Illinois
40 articles 0 photos 5 comments

As a freshman, you hear the stories about health class pour from the upper classmen on a regular basis. But, you never know what tp truley expect. Luckily, most of the things we were told are either no longer taught, or just little white lies. We filied in monday morning with eager faces and forced smiles. A cheerful young woman stood at the front of the class gleaming at us. Her smile was bright and her clothes seemed planned out very well. With the sound of ringing in our ears, we all flowed into our seats.Naturally, she began to talk about the one thing all freshman talk about, but for some reason, clam up around adults when mentioned."


"Sex." Her voice was strong, yet friendly.
"Let's talk about what you know. Raise your hand if you know the answer to the following statement. For the best sex for him and her, slip one of these on."

Red blotches of embarressment rushed over students. No one spoke, no one dared to look around.

Suddenly a picture of wedding bands was on the board, telling usthe answer. The picture shocked most of the class, but also made total sense. It was that moment that i realized exactly what choice I had to make. Some parents tell their children they're too young to worry about sex right now, but right now is the perfect time to think about it. All week my class has had a guest speaker, lecturing us about abstinence, STDs, and other mini topics. But the main idea is sex. As I think about my future I know I do not want dying early due to reckless teen behavior to be including. I decided to better myself by chosing right at this moment to wait until marriage to have a sex life. No excuses. By following this way of life I will be bettering myself and my future. In my opinion, everyone should follow this. Numbers of teen pregnancies and teen STDs are sky rocketing. Why would you want to indanger your life? The purpose of this is to tell you that everyone has a choice, and you should think heavily about sex before you let it happen. This is your life, your decisions. Do you want them to be mistakes or rewards?