Feedback on Sierra Burgess Is a Loser | Teen Ink

Feedback on Sierra Burgess Is a Loser

November 5, 2018
By writingisperplexing SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
writingisperplexing SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The review of Sierra Burgess Is a Loser by Hannah in the November 2018 issue couldn't have been more well written. She covered the movie's main problems, such as Sierra catfishing Jamie, and hacking into Hannah's Instagram account. Although this movie was beyond awful, she mentions, "The actors are amazing, but this movie didn't let them shine". I also agree when she says, "...some scenes are enjoyable..." which I can honestly say the same about the movie. 


    I had heard awful things about this movie before and after reading the review, I wanted to see how bad it really was. In other words,  I regret wasting nearly two hours of my time. I was quick to think back to Hannah's last sentence of her review, "Sierra Burgess" is, most definitely, a loser." She does cover the significant fails of the movie, but I also wish she'd added more about the scenes. For example, when Sierra kisses Jamey without him knowing, there's this bold, dramatic music in the background that further romanticizes the non-consensual kiss. 


   Overall, thank you Hannah for your review on Sierra Burgess Is a Loser. You're saving lots of people from the shame that is this movie.