A Note to Brett Kavanaugh | Teen Ink

A Note to Brett Kavanaugh

November 27, 2018
By GrantAden BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
GrantAden BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “A Note to Brett Kavanaugh,” written by Rian M., talks about Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. His writing left me feeling upset and annoyed.

Do we simply believe everything we hear that benefits us politically without proof or evidence to whether any of it is truthful or not? The #MeToo Movement has been a great thing for the United States in the way that it helped many TRUE victims of sexual assault come out and tell their stories. However, along with all the good it brought, it brought out just as many people searching only for personal and/or political gain. In the case of Judge Kavanaugh, things got way too out of hand. A man who simply wants to protect the constitution and what it stands for, as well as interpret the law and judge people who have cases involving it, is under attack for something that we now know he did not do. I do not say these things out of bias. I say them out of anger at how a man’s reputation was tainted by people who wish only for power and to destroy anyone who disagrees or opposes them. We are starting to see more and more women turning against our country’s men, and they are trying to pull a man’s life, hard work, and wonderful job away from him with nothing but false accusations. Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s accusers have come out and stated they made everything up. We always talk about how our country is so split by everything, so why do we not allow people of the United States to go through the proper legal processes before we believe such awful accusations? The author says, “A crime is a crime, and I’m sorry that you, as a judge, cannot comprehend that? What crime has been committed? The author attempts to put himself on a pedestal where he is completely correct, but there is no substance. No evidence or proof is presented to show that what is being said is true. However, there is now one hundred percent proof that Kavanaugh is innocent! The author then says, “Consent is too complicated for your tiny prefrontal cortex to take in.” Once again, a very hostile statement to make about someone who you didn’t know was guilty or not guilty. It strikes fear in to me to see how unfair, corrupt, and judgmental so many people are here in the US. This man was innocent, so please stop your blind hatred.