Venom | Teen Ink

Venom

By just-in SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
just-in SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

The movie review of Venom, by Ashley Liu, is an exceptional critique of what I found personally an excellent movie. The piece praised the portrayal of the traits and characteristics in the symbiotes throughout the movie; Liu wrote that the symbiote Venom was intimidating in the beginning, but soon moved towards a more humorous and lighter personality. When I watched Venom, the symbiote practically consumed everything in sight, including humans, which formed a bit of a dark mood. However, the scenes start to lighten, particularly in one, where Venom encourages his host, Eddie, to jump off a skyscraper. Eddie proceeds to take the elevator, enduring Venom’s taunts of “p---y” and “loser.”

Nevertheless, I must disagree with Ashley’s approval of the cinematography in the movie. However well the film’s plot and personification may be, the CGI, or computer-generated imagery, was slightly exaggerated. Venom, for instance, resembled much like a ball of goo, and his eyes, as I recall, were much too bright. It seemed as Venom was always glowing. However, Liu still provided a fantastic critique for an incredible movie, emphasizing Venom’s exemplary qualities of quintessence and humor.