Feedback on | Teen Ink

Feedback on

By Julianap BRONZE, Staten Island, New York
Julianap BRONZE, Staten Island, New York

Anastasi Agafonov’s review on Ariana Grande’s newest album Sweetener, thoroughly explained the hardships Grande faced, and how she expressed them in her songs. Anastasi zoned in on songs throughout the album that displayed heavy themes, such as anxiety about the Manchester Bombing. She also mentioned that Grande’s upbeat songs in the album focused on heartbreak, love, delight, and grief and how they appealed to listeners around the world.

“According to my opponents and society, I should not be able to compete with boys. Empowered by Grande’s song, I tightened my skates and set out to be victorious,” she stated. Ariana described the power woman have in her songs. Agafonov’s personal experience about being a girl playing ice hockey and how Grande’s song, “God is a Woman” influenced her, grasped my attention and made me want to listen to her music. I can relate to the review because on days when I’m really stressed out, I just want to unwind and listen to empowering music. Anastasi’s critique on the review made me want to add "Sweetener" to my daily playlist.