How Long Submissions Take to be Approved | Teen Ink

How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

replying to my earlier message, I apologize. I relize that you guys must go through tons a day. Does anyone know why poetry takes the longest to go through??

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

By Gandhi.

It is frustrating! If my submissions are not approved, what good does it do to post them?!!

Pure.Awesomeness BRONZE, Brunswick, Georgia

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder

I have put up work since LAST YEAR and my work is STILL APPROVING!!! it's not fair for you guys to make us wait that long to wait for our work to be approved. I'm sure you gus have zllions of editors that look at our work and some that don't even pay attention to it. this is frustrating. if my work cannot be approved, then there's no need for me to post work here.

acousticalex BRONZE, Garland, Texas

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. That is all." Oscar Wilde

Sorry for the double-post but I needed to add that several of my comments on other articles have not shown up after days.

acousticalex BRONZE, Garland, Texas

I'm glad someone else addressed this because it was really frustrating me to find absolutely no FAQ section involving work submission, no Help tab and no section requesting feedback for the website itself. I posted a poem at least two months ago, nothing overly risque about it, and it has yet to have been approved. Maybe they need to up the staffing at this website because it can't be that hard to skim through some writing and click Approve or Deny, or however they do this stuff.

MarinaNicole SILVER, Vancouver, Washington

"Turn and face the strange" - David Bowie
"Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" - Gandhi

Some people are crazy and try to post things that shouldn't be posted. The website and magazine are responsible for that, so obviously they're filtering through everything. It takes time, give them a break!

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

This article is not to be rude to the editors or to convince you to make a riot or something. It's just something I wanted to know if others dealt with.

nature-elf PLATINUM, Ramsey, New Jersey

"If love is shelter, I'll walk in the rain." -Anonymous

I waited several weeks for each of my articles, and only two days ago was one of my articles posted, and I waited since September.

Your_Guardian_Angel PLATINUM, Clermont, Florida

"I have great confidence in fools, my friends call it self-confidence."

I understand why they don't post things up right away. Duh, it takes time going through hundreds of articles, plus time deciding which ones should go into the magazine but maybe they should post an estimted amount of time for an article to be published so that impatient teens won't lose their head and post not very nice messages on their website.

girdythebirdy SILVER, Davis, California
As a newbie, this is the one thing that simply is TURNING ME OFF to TeenInk. I've never used profanity and never will, so why does it take months to get published??

sldkfja GOLD said...
sldkfja GOLD, Sdflkjdfl, Pennsylvania
When I was submitting stuff last spring and this summer I was always posted with in a week and usually only a couple days. Now I have a photo that has been pending approval for 3 months. I undersand that alot of people submit stuff and that we should give the editors a break but I was just wondering what has changed.

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

Please don't be rude when you comment. If you agree with me, then you can say so. If you're just going to tell me how many people submit things here each day, don't waste your time.

FeedTheBirds SILVER, San Diego, California
Teen Ink gets hundreds of submissions a day. All of these submissions have to be censored for language and sensitive material. So if you want the process to hurry up do the site a favor and asterisk out your own profanities for one.

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

I realize that not all articles are approtiate and decent, but they're all posted. I'm also on inkpop .com and when I post a short story or poem there, it goes up right away unless I don't want it to.

AngelForeverBleedingLove DIAMOND, Frederic, Wisconsin

You say you don't remember,
But I will never forget

Give the people who work on the site a break, they're probably trying as hard as they can!

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

by the way I'm the author. realized I posted it anonymously.

casey261 GOLD said...
casey261 GOLD, Hainesport, New Jersey

thanks for the comments and viewings. it was rated number one!!!! thanks again!

DeeJayB GOLD said...
DeeJayB GOLD, Sulphur, Louisiana
i agree 100%. people on this site need to review work faster. i have seven articles waiting, the newest one being a MONTH old.

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder

I frikkin frackin AGREE!!!!

Kupcake GOLD said...
Kupcake GOLD, Jefferson, Wisconsin
Yes, I agree.