Laugh for Once | Teen Ink

Laugh for Once

I totally agree with this article. There are so many articles on sadness, stress, and broken hearts. It is hard to find many fun, happy articles. I love to read those articles, but the sad stories just … take over. They say the same thing again and again. Where are the articles about non-broken hearts, fun times, and being happy?

I am optimistic; I always try to be happy. I try to find the good in everything, the silver lining. When it is raining, pouring down, I don’t see a gloomy, dark world. I see a chance to go outside and dance in the rain. I know it sounds childish, but it’s true. I like being happy and reading happy articles.

However, not all the writing is solemn and sad. Yes, there are many, many atricles on depressing issues, but there are also some on cheerful subjects. What I am saying is that there needs to be fewer articles that are dismal. Teens should lighten up and be thankful for what they have. One of my favorite quotes is “Happiness is a choice.” So, choose to be happy and, well, laugh for once.