Author’s Comments | Teen Ink

Author’s Comments MAG

By TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

On the Teen Ink website, when submitting an article or art, you can make a comment on your work. Whether it's about what inspired the story/art piece or how the author/artist feels about it, these comments personalize the submission.

While some authors' comments are “Please rate and comment!” (I know you have said this, don't lie … I have too), most are about inspiration or dedications. These are interesting and important for the reader, since often poems have personal stories ­behind them or an abstract art piece may be a symbol for “Going Green and Saving the Planet.” These comments help readers understand what the creators were thinking when they crafted their pieces.

Unfortunately, authors' comments are only available on the website; no space is provided for them in the magazine. While some may need to be weeded out, many authors' comments are enjoyable and help us understand the piece better. I think Teen Ink should consider adding this to the magazine.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Well, actually what I'm talking about is, you know how off to of some articles/art pieces there are quotations and it says author's comments? That's what I'm talking about, not the comments that other people make on your work. You know, like the liner notes of a music album.

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

please comment and rate! :) sorry, kidding.

I completly agreed .I do that a lot but i hate it when it happens on my pieces because i get excited that i have a comment and then it's like "ohh......nope. idiot who just cares about themselves." which is kinda funny cuz we do the same thing......isn't it always that you hate the thing that you do when you see it in other people? my god

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"When it’

Haha! I'm a tomboy, so I take the fact that you thought I was a boy as a weird compliment. :) But yes, I'm a girl.