Fall Forest | Teen Ink

Fall Forest

By ecramer.2013 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
ecramer.2013 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
5 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Summary:

As autumn approaches, damp cool air arrives, and tree leaves fall to the ground. The rain creates mini puddles along the floor and deer leap through to get a sip of water. Clusters of leaves pile up and berries from August are the toppings. Animals climb the branches and create “rain” by shaking them.

Review:

As I close my eyes and place myself on the back deck of my woods, I can feel the same feeling produced in Elisa Page’s poem “Fall Forest.” My back deck is on the outskirts of the woods and is experiencing the autumn season. I love to sit out on the back deck and be as quiet as a mouse. Being patient is required, but if I wait long enough I will see deer and their families leap through the woods searching for fallen berries and appetizing leaves to bite on. Little puddles form in the crevices of the woods floor and small animals drink from those thin cracks. Piled up on the leaves is the evidence from the last rain. It only takes one movement of the branch to create an image of a new rain. Autumn brings peace and beauty.