Dear Teen Ink, | Teen Ink

Dear Teen Ink, MAG

March 21, 2012
By TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
13 articles 25 photos 107 comments

I am writing to thank you with all my heart. Although I have not won any awards or been published in the magazine, because of Teen Ink I learned a lot and became a better person.

Except for assignments at school, I had not written for years. However, Teen Ink motivated me to write, care more about the world, and express my feelings. Last year was the year I wrote the most. Again, thank you. Although there are only a few people looking at my work online, I am still content because at least someone cares. At least this little voice can inspire someone and change the world a bit.

Recently, I read masterpieces with their own style and uniqueness. Clearly that is why they were chosen to be in the magazine. It's amazing that there are teenagers out there caring about the environment and problems of today's society. We're not as naive and ignorant as some think.

Furthermore, I realized that the problems I face every day (including bullying and depression) are actually similar to what others are facing too. It's not just me fighting for myself; in reality there are millions of “soldiers” defeating pressures from family, school, and friends at the same time.

I know Teen Ink wants to encourage people to write more and enjoy the process. Writing can be fun. Thanks to Teen Ink, I now understand the true meaning of writing – to enrich our lives, to think about the underlying reasons for everything, to inspire people, and to become wise.