Formatting on TeenInk.com | Teen Ink

Formatting on TeenInk.com MAG

By GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other

I have submitted work to Teen Ink for years, and looking back it is interesting to see how my writing style has evolved and improved. The magazine gives me the unique opportunity to get feedback from other teens and occasionally see my work in print.

While Teen Ink is a wonderful resource for writers, there is something that could be improved. When one submits an article, ­poem, or short story to the website, all ­formatting is instantly removed. Often in prose, fonts, italics, and bolding are important to convey essential aspects of the story. For example, in fiction, thoughts or words with special importance are placed in italics. Sometimes, different fonts are used to give a customized effect. However, the ­website does not accommodate any type of formatting.

In the future, it would be wonderful to see Teen Ink allow users to include basic formatting in our submissions to give our written works an extra dimension.

Editor's note: We do hope to add ­formatting to the site in the future. In the meantime, you can use HTML coding to do basic formatting, for example, and to italicize text.

vietblueart SILVER, Withheld, California

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." -Jesus Christ

Yes, I agree completely! I really hope Teen Ink will add formatting for submissions. And seriously, why is it there for comments/feedback and not for publication? .___.

GreyGirl ELITE said...
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
Glad you agree :) I love Teenink, but this has always bothered me..

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Agree with you whole heartedly. Congrats on the publication. By the way, I try to use italics sometimes in my poetry; but it just doesn't work. Hopefully, they take into consideration this piece to fix this dilemma.